WHAT IS A CHAKRA
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that means "wheel". Where two or more channels of energy cross in the body, a chakra exists. Chakras are energy centers that go in and out of balance. When the chakras go too far out of balance they can take a long time to come back. This is when a chakra needs to be healed.
The 7 major chakras and the colors and crystals associated with them are :
1. CROWN CHAKRA - located on the top of the head - Violet - Amethyst
2. BROW OR THIRD EYE CHAKRA - located in the center of the forehead - Indigo - Lapis Lazuli
3. THROAT CHAKRA - located in the center of the throat - Blue - Blue lace agate
4. HEART CHAKRA - located in the center of the chest - Green - Malachite
5. SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA - located behind the soft cartilage at the bottom of the breast bone - Yellow - Citrine
6. SACRAL CHAKRA - located just beloe the belly button - Orange - Carnelian
7. BASE CHAKRA - located at the coccyx (base of the spine) - Red - Red jasper
When all the Chakras are balanced, many positive benefits can be felt.
The Chakras are associated with different mental, emotional and physical aspects of ourselves.
Crown Chakra - Spirituality, imagination, awareness, connection
Brow Chakra - Dreams, thoughts, mind, ideas, phychic abilities
Throat Chakra - Communication
Heart Chakra - Love, trust, safety and risk-taking
Solar Plexus Chakra - Physical center, emotional control, personal power
Sacral Chakra - Creativity, energy storage, connection to other people
Base Chakra - Survival, abundance, health, connection to Mother Earth and moving forward in life
CLEARING THE CHAKRA
The practitioner uses the Reiki healing energy to clear the chakras and to rebalance and realign these energy centers. Crystals are a very important part of clearing these energy centers. The crystals are placed on the seven principal chakra points to facilitate healing. Crystals help to focus energy directly to the body so that it reaches the areas where it is most needed. It is a very relaxing and empowering healing experience.